Stretching to improve your flyer lines takes a lot of time, patience and consistency! At the Royal All Stars Cheerleading Academy, we have 6 guided Flyers Classes throughout the week to help assist our athletes in increasing flexibility- all included in your term fees! This class is mandatory for all flyers and we encourage all other members to also attend these classes as overall flexibility will help improve your flexibility and tumbling.
It is important to remember to always warm up your body and do your normal routine stretch before attempting the below flyer conditioning program.
Below is a general class plan of what we do and what you can also do at home!
- Warm up: 10 burpees
- Splits: Left leg, right leg, middle x30 seconds
- OVER Split on higher surface: Left leg, right leg, middle x30 seconds
- Kicks to the side x 10 (both legs)
- Kicks to the front x 10 (both legs)
- Kicks to the back x 10 (both legs)
- Hold heel stretch x30 seconds (both legs)
- Pull through to bow and arrow x 30 seconds (both legs)
- Hold arabesque x 30 seconds (both legs)
- Hold Y-Scale x 30 seconds (both legs)
- Grab Scorpion or Hold x 30 seconds (both legs)REPEAT AND HOLD ALL LINES ON THE PURPLE FLYER BLOCK
- Hold Splits: Left leg, right leg, middle x30 seconds
FINISH OFF WITH THIS CONDITIONING
- Squat jumps x 30
- Dish hold x 30 seconds
- Superman hold x 30 seconds